This study will evaluate the safety, tolerability and efficacy of VX-880 infusion in participants with Type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1D) and impaired awareness of hypoglycemia (IAH) and severe hypoglycemia.
- Clinical history of T1D with > 5 years of duration
- At least two episodes of documented severe hypoglycemia in the 12 months prior to enrollment
- Stable diabetic treatment
- Consistent use of continuous glucose monitor (CGM) for at least 3 months before Screening and willingness to use CGM for the duration of the study
- Prior islet cell transplant, organ transplant, or cell therapy
Interested in this trial?
About clinical trials
Volunteers who participate in clinical trials help make new medicines a reality. Clinical trials are carefully designed research studies in humans that evaluate the safety and efficacy of an investigational medicine.
If you’re interested in participating in a Vertex clinical trial, we encourage you to speak with your health care provider first about what’s involved and your eligibility.
Search for the closest clinical trial from your location
Recruiting1City of HopeDuarte California 91010 United States
Recruiting1UHealth Diabetes Research InstituteMiami Florida 33136 United States
Recruiting1Northwestern Organ Transplant CenterChicago Illinois 60611 United States
Recruiting1University of ChicagoChicago Illinois 60637 United States
Recruiting1Massachusetts General HospitalBoston Massachusetts 02114 United States
Recruiting1Hospital of the University of PennsylvaniaPhiladelphia Pennsylvania 19104 United States
Recruiting1University of Pittsburgh Medical Center MontefiorePittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213 United States
Recruiting1VCU Medical Center, RichmondRichmond Virginia 23298 United States
Recruiting1University of WisconsinMadison Wisconsin 53792 United States