This is a single-arm, open-label, multi-site, single-dose Phase 1/2/3 study in subjects with severe sickle cell disease (SCD). The study will evaluate the safety and efficacy of autologous CRISPR-Cas9 Modified CD34+ Human Hematopoietic Stem and Progenitor Cells (hHSPCs) using CTX001.
- Diagnosis of severe sickle cell disease as defined by:
- Documented severe sickle cell disease genotype
- History of at least two severe vaso-occlusive crisis events per year for the previous two years prior to enrollment
- Eligible for autologous stem cell transplant as per investigators judgment
- An available 10/10 human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-matched related donor
- Prior hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT)
- Clinically significant and active bacterial, viral, fungal, or parasitic infection
Interested in this trial?
About clinical trials
Volunteers who participate in clinical trials help make new medicines a reality. Clinical trials are carefully designed research studies in humans that evaluate the safety and efficacy of an investigational medicine.
If you’re interested in participating in a Vertex clinical trial, we encourage you to speak with your health care provider first about what’s involved and your eligibility.
Search for the closest clinical trial from your location
Recruiting completed1Lucille Packard Children's Hospital of Stanford UniversityPalo Alto California 94304 United States
Recruiting completed1Ann & Robert Lurie Children's Hospital of ChicagoChicago Illinois 60611 United States
Recruiting completed1University of Illinois at Chicago Hospitals and Health SystemsChicago Illinois 60612 United States
Recruiting completed1Columbia University Medical Center (21+ years)New York New York 10032 United States
Recruiting completed1Columbia University Medical Center (≤21 years)New York New York 10032 United States
Recruiting completed1Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaPhiladelphia Pennsylvania 19104 United States
Recruiting completed1St. Jude Children's Research HospitalMemphis Tennessee 38105 United States
Recruiting completed1The Children's Hospital at TriStar Centennial Medical Center/ Sarah Cannon Center for Blood CancersNashville Tennessee 37203 United States
Recruiting completed1Methodist Children's Hospital/Texas Transplant InstituteSan Antonio Texas 78229 United States