The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and tolerability of VX-522 in participants 18 years of age and older with cystic fibrosis and a cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) genotype not responsive to CFTR modulator therapy.
- Body mass index (BMI) of greater than or equal to (≥)18.0 to less than (
- A total body weight greater than (>) 50 kg
- Stable CF disease
- CFTR gene mutations on both alleles that are not responsive to CFTR modulator therapy
- Forced expiratory volume in 1 second (FEV1) value, percent of predicted mean for age, sex, and height (equations of the Global Lung Function Initiative [GLI])18 ≥40%
- History of uncontrolled asthma within a year prior to screening
- History of solid organ or hematological transplantation
- Hepatic cirrhosis with portal hypertension, moderate hepatic impairment (Child Pugh Score 7 to 9), or severe hepatic impairment (Child Pugh Score 10 to 15)
- Arterial oxygen saturation on room air less than (
Interested in this trial?
About clinical trials
Volunteers who participate in clinical trials help make new medicines a reality. Clinical trials are carefully designed research studies in humans that evaluate the safety and efficacy of an investigational medicine.
If you’re interested in participating in a Vertex clinical trial, we encourage you to speak with your health care provider first about what’s involved and your eligibility.
Recruiting1Baltimore - Early Phase Clinical UnitBaltimore Maryland 21225 United States